Friday 31 October 2008

Killer's diary

Date: 31 Oct 2008

Executioner: The Yau parentals

Victim: A poor young skink

Murderer: I feel absolutely terrible.

As everyone clearly knows, one attribute of the skink is to lose its tail in the face of danger. However, human beings, knowing this fact, have learnt to attack their real prey. Under the impression that these reptiles would somehow find theirway through the walls and into our humble abode, my parents instructed me to destroy any chance of this happening. So began the chase with my granted weapon, the dustpan.

Given my choice, I would've scooped the poor creature and somehow just thrown it back into the surrounding gardens. However, I had no choice but to in the end, physically dismember the poor poor lizard. After this the sense of guilt that washed over me was to say the least, something that has never been experienced before. The feeling of knowing I had just dealt out a life and death judgement was swiftly terrifying.

Perhaps, I had an inkling of understanding as to why God says to leave the horrific job of dealing out judgement to Him - we just can't handle it properly.

Then again, this small episode of my life may just be getting to my head because of all this study.
Nonetheless, 1 minute silence for something God created is definitely welcomed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lizard and insect hunting is awesome. me and my sis used to do it all the time when we were younger :D
especially in indonesia, so many diff types of crawlies

Anonymous said...

i once caught a lizard in a jar... and kept him