Monday 16 November 2009

Alphabet = food

Wow, it has been a full year since i posted something on this long lost island of a blog.

On that note, I never knew what the word 'blog' meant.

Did the first guy (or girl) decide to write random musings about himself and to not look like a blob then turned the 'b' upsidedown to be bloq(head) but then added a tail onto the 'q' because it sounded better?

No.

According to Wikipedia a blog is:
A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.

Well there you go, its a noun AND a verb. Phewiiieee.

Now onto the purpose of my blog... I sure do know my alphabet.

Sometime last week, for the sake of acquiring an iphone 3gs, I went through the utter boredom of calling an optus teleservicing representative. I had to set up my password for my optus account in order to order one and receive their $50 bonus. After the conversation that lasted around 7 mins, though i didn't think it was possible, they left me feeling incredibly stupid and wanting to go back to primary school.

The following is a transcript of that which occured:

*ring ring*
"Welcome to optus! All our representatives are currently busy but will be with you shortly"
Me: *thinks* Not again!! This is why i hate calling customer service lines!!!!
*5 secs later*
Officer: "Welcome to optus, how can i help you?"
Me: "OH HI! wow that was super quick! I thought i was going to have to wait for ages"
Officer: *unimpressed* "What did you want?"
Me: "oh um i was hoping to change my password on my account so i can access it again"
Officer: "You don't remember your old password?"
Me: "Unfortunately no, it was a long time ago that I set it up"
Officer: "ok ill have to ask you some security questions first."
Me: "Sure!"

*security qns then ensued*

Officer: "ok so what did you want ur new password to be?"
Me: "K for Cat.... no wait... K for KIMCHI!"
Officer: "K for kilo"
Me: "oh yea... then A for APPLE"
Officer: "A for alpha"
Me: "then Y for .... yummy strawberries like u know strawberries that taste nice!"
Officer: "Y for yellow"
Me: "oh...anyway then the numbers 5 then 9 then 3"
Officer: "yep is that it?"
Me: "nope! then B for banana!
Officer: "B for beta "
Me: "P for pearl!"
Officer: "P for purple"
Me: " and thats it!"
Officer: "...you must be hungry..."

My only comfort remains in the iphone arriving tmr ^_^y

And before my musings end, I saw this pop up on facebook the other day







How sad. Facebook is advising me in familial relations.

I hope to be blogging more especially since im going overseas soon!

Peace.

2 comments:

The Startup Experiment said...

Great post. That was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!